Sunday, April 16, 2006

Reasons Early Medieval is fun, pt 2

Reasons Early Medieval is Fun, part 2



Wheeee! I just got to write something about a guy whose name really was Ratbert. Scott Adams, eat your heart out!

Sometimes I crack myself up. And then I think ...you are such a geek!

Oh -- but I'm not the only one. In my fun survey class the other day, I shared with my class a little TMI -- a student's description of Kreon made me think for some reason of James T. Kirk. One of my very cool students immediately picked up on it and she did a very effective and funny imitation of Bill Shatner as Kreon doing the speech where he asks Antigone if she is trying to unman him!

That is all. I've dismembered and rewritten the paper. Mostly.

Update: The paper is finished, in the sense of having an introduction, body with lots of nice primary source stuff, and a conclusion that refers back to the actual subject of the paper and offers an answer to a very small question. It is now in the, 'sent to smart people who don't want me to embarrass myself in public' stage. I'm going to go have food. And a beer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I hear, or even think of, Hermann the German I giggle. I don't think you're a geek. :)

Bardiac said...

Shhhh, if you tell "them" how much fun it is, they'll want US to pay THEM for the privilege!

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Oops! Mums the word!